UMCRM Vendor Terms and Conditions
Agreement for Space
This application is subject to written notice of acceptance by the United Methodist Camp and Retreat Ministries Association (UMCRM) and when so accepted and upon the full payment of rental charges shall constitute an Agreement. The Vendor acknowledges that a duly authorized representative of the Vendor has read, understands, and agrees to be bound by the Agreement, including the Terms and Conditions provided herewith and incorporated by reference herein. UMCRM is not responsible for the claims made by its Vendors and reserves the right to reject any request to exhibit at its National Conference at its discretion for any or no reason.
- Payment for Space — Payment is due at the time of Registration.
Failure to make payment when due may be deemed a cancellation by the Vendor of its
booth space and this contract subject to paragraph 2 herein, and UMCRM will be permitted to reassign the Vendor’s booth space at its discretion. No Vendor will be admitted to the 2017 National Gathering if it has not paid in full for booth space.
- Space Cancellations — Reservations are refundable with written notice up to 60 days prior to the event. The Vendor Hall portion (50% of total Business Member fee, plus prime booth or additional table add-ons) may be reimbursed, less a $75 cancellation fee. In the event that UMCRM cancels the event, vendor hall fees will be reimbursed in full.
- Assigned Booth Space — Any Vendor needing to move its booth after it has been
assigned may be charged an administration fee of $250.
- Prohibited Activities — The Vendor shall not conduct or permit any activities which
(a) are prohibited by any applicable law, regulation, rule or ordinance; (b) endanger
the health or safety of any persons or property; (c) interfere in any way with any other
Vendors; or (d) are inconsistent with rules, regulations, policies, or procedures of
- Installation and Dismantling — Any space not claimed and occupied by two hours
prior to the opening hour of the Vendor Hall may be reassigned without refund. The
Vendors expressly agree not to dismantle their booth or do any packing before
the final closing hour of the Vendor Hall. Any Vendor that begins to dismantle or pack up
before the close of the hall may be charged an additional $200 and may not be allowed
to attend the next event. Goods must be crated and packed for shipment by the
Vendor immediately following the close of exhibits.
- Vendor’s Property — Neither UMCRM, nor any officer, director, member, agent, employee, or representative of UMCRM will be responsible for the safety of the property of the Vendor from theft, damage by fire, accident, or other causes including, without limitation, for property delivered to the exhibit hall before setup day or for property left at the conference site or exhibit area after the closing hour of the exhibit. Vendors wishing to insure their goods must do so at their own expense.
- Indemnification and Insurance — The Vendor hereby assumes entire responsibility and hereby agrees to protect, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the site, its owners, its operator, UMCRM and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, officers, directors, and agents against all claims, losses, or damages to persons or property, governmental charges or fines, and attorney’s fees arising out of or caused by its installation, removal, maintenance, occupancy, or use of the exhibition premises or a part thereof, excluding any such liability caused by the sole gross negligence of the conference site and its employees and agents. Vendor acknowledges that neither the site, its owners, or its operator, maintain insurance covering Vendor’s property and that it is the sole responsibility of the Vendor to obtain business interruption and property damage insurance insuring any losses by Vendor.
Vendor assures the legal use of all intellectual property and copyrighted material. Limits of coverages shall not be less than single limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence or
in the aggregate. UMCRM and their respective officers, directors, members, agents, employees, and representatives shall be named as additional insureds with this coverage shown as primary to any other coverage available to any of them. The Vendor shall deliver a certificate of insurance that evidences this coverage to the satisfaction of UMCRM at least thirty (30) days prior to opening day of the exhibit.
- Use of Space — No Vendor is permitted to show goods other than those
manufactured or dealt with by the firm in the regular course of business and approved
by UMCRM, which reserves the absolute right to withhold such approval without assigning any cause therefore. All sales activities must be confined to the limits of the booth unless approved by UMCRM. Orders may be taken and arrangements for shipping made. Vendors may conduct “cash and carry” sales provided that they have made arrangements to collect and report sales tax according to the rules set forth by the state of Texas.
Products may be demonstrated within the confines of the booth. Demonstrations of
an exhibition nature may be scheduled only when a special area is provided for this
purpose. No Vendor shall assign, sublet, or share the space allotted without the knowledge and written consent of UMCRM (see paragraph 19). Displays shall not be placed in such a manner as to block, shield, or interfere in any way with other exhibits. No construction or built-up exhibit, including signs, shall exceed the overall height of the
back wall without prior UMCRM approval. Display boards and other equipment more than 36 inches in height must not extend more than 48 inches from the booth back wall in all regular aisle locations. Exceptions to this limitation may be made by UMCRM at its sole discretion. Nothing shall be posted, nailed, screwed, or otherwise attached to walls,
floors, or other parts of the building or furniture.
- Noise-Making Exhibits — Exhibits which include the operation of musical instruments, radios, public address systems or any noise-making machines must be conducted or arranged so that the noise resulting from the demonstrations will not annoy or disturb adjacent Vendors and their patrons. Operators of noise-making exhibits must secure approval of operating methods before exhibit opens.
- Motion Picture Protection — The showing of motion pictures or slides in the booths must be limited in size so as not to disturb adjacent Vendors. Any sound must comply with regulation No. 9 for noise-making exhibits.
- Fire Protection — Booth decorations must be flame proofed. Electrical wiring must
conform to National Electrical Code Safety Rules. If inspection indicates that any Vendor has neglected to comply with these regulations, or otherwise incurs fire hazard, the right is reserved to cancel all or part of the exhibit as may be irregular. Vendors must comply with all fire regulations. Special Note to Food Vendors: Stringent fire prevention codes limit the types of equipment that can be utilized in the exhibit hall. The following is prohibited without exception: open flames of any kind; cooking/heating equipment having exposed heating coils or elements that could ignite a flammable material upon contact; fryers; “hazardous materials” of any kind. Please let the UMCRM event team know immediately what equipment you plan to use so any situations that may cause a safety problem can be addressed by local fire inspection officials. UMCRM, the National Gathering host venue, and Fire Marshall have absolute authority on the issue.
- Circularization and Solicitation — Distribution of circulars or promotion material may be made only within the booth assigned to the Vendor presenting such materials or other approved UMCRM locations.
- Character of Exhibits — UMCRM reserves the right to restrict, prohibit, or evict anything without assigning any cause therefore. This reservation covers persons, things, conduct, printed matter, or anything of a character which UMCRM determines should be restricted, prohibited, or evicted. In the event of such restriction, prohibition, or eviction, UMCRM is not liable for any refunds of rentals or other exhibit expenses. Failure to comply with such restrictions may result in expulsion of the Vendor from the exhibit hall or cancellation of the reservation; in such circumstances, no refunds will be made.
- Care of Building and Equipment — Vendors or their agents shall not injure or deface the walls or floors of the building, the booths, furniture, fixtures, or equipment. When such damage appears, the Vendor is liable to the owner of the property so damaged.
- Listing in Official Program — Registration and payment in full must be received by UMCRM by October 22, 2016 for the Vendor to be listed in the print version of conference program booklet.
- Termination — UMCRM reserves the right to cancel the National Gathering at any time and for any reason at its sole discretion. In the event of such cancellation, the Vendor’s sole remedy shall be refund of rental charges previously paid to UMCRM less any amounts otherwise owed by the Vendor to UMCRM. Under no circumstances shall UMCRM be liable for consequential, special, or incidental damages. Failure of the Vendor to comply with any term or provision of this Agreement may, at the sole and absolute discretion of UMCRM, result in the immediate termination of the Agreement and forfeiture of all payments made by the Vendor to UMCRM.
- Governing Law — This Agreement shall be governed, construed, and enforced in
accordance with Texas law, without regard to the principles of conflicts of laws there
under. Vendor hereby consents to personal jurisdiction and venue in Texas and hereby waives any right to object to personal jurisdiction or venue. In the event that any provision of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable in any circumstances by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remainder of this Agreement, and the application of such provision in any other circumstances, shall not be affected thereby.
- Indemnification — Subject to and in conjunction with paragraph 7 herein, Vendor
agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless UMCRM and the host facility against any claim, damage, expense or loss, including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees at counsel of UMCRM’s choice, arising out of or otherwise related to the National Gathering.
- Subletting — Vendor may not sublet or lease its booth space to any other entity or
person without the written consent of UMCRM. (See paragraph 8.)
- Amendment of Agreement — Failure of UMCRM to exercise its discretion pursuant to these Rules and Regulations shall not constitute a waiver of any provision herein or of its rights hereunder. All amendments or modifications to these Rules and Regulations or to the Agreement between UMCRM and Vendor must be in writing.
- Pre & Post Conference Attendee Mailings — UMCRM will make available to Vendors a one-time-use mailing list of conference attendees prior to OR after the event upon request. Vendors agree not to reproduce the list in any form or manner. Vendors will incur an additional cost of $5,000 if the list is not used in accordance to this agreement.
- These terms and conditions become a part of the Agreement between the Vendor and UMCRM. They have been formulated for the best interest of all parties.